An Internet protocol camera, or IP camera, is a type of digital video camera that can record images, compress them and transmit it in an IP network or the Internet. Each camera has its own IP address and is connected directly to LAN or Internet – works completely independent.
Benefits of IP camera over analog technology include:
- Adjustable frame rates and resolution to meet specific needs
- Digital zoom
- Lower cost for cabling
- Progressive scanning, which enables better quality images extracted from the video, especially for moving targets.
- Remote administration from any location
- The ability to easily send images and video anywhere with an Internet connection
- The ability to send alerts if suspicious activity is detected
- Two-way communication